Sunday, May 1, 2011

49

Comments I made:

Hey Javon,

Firstly I thought it was wise to interview someone from another religious background that way you can obtain an an alternative understanding (based on religion) of the care of the dead. Your second interviewee expressed a more positive side to death in my opinion; i thought he was saying you wont have control when your dead. make sure you take care of your business around your death while your alive so it can easily benefit those around you after your gone. I enjoyed how you threaded your responses to the answers throughout your post.




Hey Jasper,

Your post does a wonderful job of comparing and contrasting a few viewpoints on care of the dead, your writing is thoughtful and also succinct. The questions and answers you wrote about presented new points of view that I had not considered. I enjoy how through out your summary you compare the others points of view to your own beliefs.

-Amanda



_____________________________________________________________________

Comments I received:

The goldfish were to be a first pet experience and I didn't expect the fish to die so quickly. It was a stressful time and I thought if I made it disappear before Amanda came home she wouldn't notice. Wrong! We did replace the first fish many times but every new one we got would die soon after. LaLa was the stalwart. She(?) lived for such a long time even with cat stress. When she died I wanted Amanda to grieve in her own way and keeping the fish close by eased the loss. LaLa wasn't gone forever we could take her out and look at her whenever we wanted thus bringing back memories of good times and bad. -mom


I didn't know that a fish could be so significant to my sisters views about her childhood and how she approaches death. I agree that people should be comfortable in their environments but not that once they die their families can do what ever they want with them. maybe our current system is not morally ideal but we also cant have bodies floating down the east river. - Theo (younger brother)


I really liked this blog post. The way it was written made me automatically think of the gold fish as if they were people and got me thinking about what's the right and wrong way to deal with a death.. I liked it because it was talking about gold fish so it made everything seem simple and not as big of a deal.. I enjoyed reading it! -Jasper


Great blogpost Amanda, thanks for making the text bold, defiantly made the post stand out. I enjoyed reading your blogpost. I liked the way you talked about a personal experience with death even though it was a gold fish. This helped show that even something as small as a goldfish can be a big deal when it comes to death. Keep up the good work. -Javon

No comments:

Post a Comment